Call for Volunteers for COLING'2020
Signup deadline: Monday, November 30 2020
Volunteers at COLING 2020
We seek volunteers for the 28th International Conference on Computational Linguistics. In exchange for one full day equivalent of work, you will receive free registration (or equivalent non-presenter refund) to the main conference, including workshops and tutorials*.
As COLING 2020 will be virtual, volunteer tasks will be different from previous years. Specifically, we are seeking volunteers to help us in tasks such as the following:
- Before the conference:
- Perform sanity checks on the conference content (videos, posters, paper titles, paper-to-session mappings, etc.).
- Attend meetings to familiarize yourselves with the different platforms (Underline, Whova and gather.town).
- Attend briefing meetings.
- Contribute to the COLING 2020 social media presence (mostly Twitter).
- During the conference
- Attend briefing meetings prior to each conference day in which you will be involved.
- Assist session chairs in various ways, including providing assistance with navigating the platform, taking questions and reaching out to presenters, if needed.
- Assist keynote speakers, panel speakers and tutorial speakers.
- Be at the gather.town help desk, to help conference attendees to easily navigate the poster and social events.
- Contribute to the COLING 2020 social experience.
Selection will be based on a first-come-first-served basis, with preference given to applicants presenting papers (either to the main conference or workshops), and who do not have other means of support.
Applicants should complete this Google form. If you have technical issues, please send your contact details (and if you are presenting a paper) to COLING2020.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Volunteering at COLING 2002.
*For those of you who already volunteered following our earlier call, you do not need to do anything. You all should have received a free registration pass or equivalent.